Frequently Asked Questions
- Q?Which documents should I collect before moving abroad?
The following documents should be on your list:
- Birth and Marriage Certificates
- Naturalization, Green Card, Proof of Citizenship, etc.
- Social Security Cards
- Vaccination, Medical and Dental Records
- Insurance Policies
- Academic Records and Diplomas
- Employment Records
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, statement, etc.)
- Living Will and Testament
- Q?Which topics should I discuss before moving abroad?
Specifically, you will need to ask about the following issues:
- Visas and permits (especially the requirements for work visa and spouse permit)
- Vaccines for family members (this item should be on the top of your list if you move to one of the countries in Africa)
- Restrictions as well as various taxes on shipped household items (shipping charges for overseas move are substantial)
- Shipping and taxes if you decide to move your car abroad
- Vaccines and quarantines for pets
- Various types of insurance
- Tax Implications
- Q?Is my information secure?
Security of our clients’ information is our top priority. Our secure Client Portal provides clients with 24/7 document access. We use 128-bit SSL encryption and password protection to keep your files safe and compliant with federal and state privacy laws.
- Q?When can I access my files?
We provide 24/7 Document Access. Our clients have round-the-clock access to their financial documents through a secure online Client Portal.
- Q?Can you help me learn more about country rules and regulations?
Sign up to our Expat Tax Blog. We constantly update them with new articles.